I know, you're probably thinking, "Bitch, I don't care. You totally abandoned us, and left us bereft of snarky goodness." And you would totally be right in thinking that. I am a bad, BAD blogger, and I apologize.
So, just what the hell have I been up to, then? Here's a quick look at my my meager excuses:
- Most of my time has been taken up by being in charge of getting this built
Still not totally finished, but the hard parts are done.
- Taught my six-year-old niece how use a level and a miter saw while working on the set. She is my Mini-Me.
- Got in SO MUCH trouble with my friends for letting the above happen, and now they all feel like they have to babysit me. Hmmph.
- And then a delightfully girly talk with one of my goddaughters and another friend's daughter. They are BSC ages, btw, and I love these girls to death, and they really are mature, but I would have a terribly hard time leaving them completely in charge of other children.
- And that brings us up to this week, which, in all seriousness, is my Holy Week. You might think I'm being facetious, but I'm truly not. Ready?
College football is my religion.
True facts, y'all. I'm not a follower of the "real" religions. This is what does it for me. I have all the same fervor that a tongue-speaking snake-handler has. I just curse at players and refs, and the only animals involved are mascots. My team is the Longhorns, but I love ALL college football. I will watch literally any game that is on, anytime. And everyone knows that the first full Saturday of college ball (which is tomorrow) is the day I call my Christmas. I'm looking at approximately 17 hours of football related viewing. I can't wait!
So yeah, that's what I've been up to. I've enjoyed my break, but I miss writing the blog. So, I'm looking at starting back up again next week. Not everyday, there are still theatre type things that must be done, but a few times a week.
BUT, before then...don't forget that Monday, September 1st, we have what is sure to be a cinematic masterpiece, the Lifetime Unauthorized Saved By the Bell Story coming up! And you know I'm going to be live tweeting the shit out of this. So join me, won't you? Preferably with an alcoholic beverage of your choice.